Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween and Foreign Movies (#5)

     Apparently, Halloween got weirder this year. Around school, I had a huge bucket of candy to pass out around school. Why? It's Halloween, duh! The students were craving for candy like the creatures from Gremlins. They were EVERYWHERE! "GIMME SOME SPACE!" The other problem was the hoggers, who kept taking handfuls from the bucket. One person took 3 or 4 handfuls, and he gave me $5 (which I accepted). In the end, I was left with about 6 Tootsie Rolls. Then, people kept asking me to join them on something for Halloween:
  • Trick-or-Treat with Sanjay and Prasanna
  • Trick-or-Treat with Raegan and Andrew
  • Trick-or-Treat with Erin, Meg, Kaylie, Max, Regina, and Adrian
  • Play Five Nights at Freddy's at Max's house
  • Trick-or-Treat with the family
     OH MY GOSH! I ended up going to Max's house and trick-or-treating with the family. The neighborhood I was in kept commenting on my costume, non-stop! I get it; I have blood, a barbed-wire bat, hammer, skeleton mask, and a giant pumpkin pail (I was a Purger from The Purge: Anarchy). At Max's house, the screaming kept bursting in my ear, thanks to Foxy and the "evil fan." We made to Night 4 as far as I know. To end the night, I lied to my friends saying I broke my leg after someone pushed me down the porch. It's nice to know that some of my friends actually care.

     On Saturday, I came across this movie from Thailand, so I had no idea what they were saying! I had to use English subtitles. It's a 3-hour long movie, titled The Love of Siam, about two childhood best friends who grow up and discover that they love each other. It's a gay (not offensive) coming-of-age movie. I watched it 3 times and cried every single time! 9 HOURS WITH OF CRYING! I dragged my friends into watching because it was flawless! And I am still crying as I am writing this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment