Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Shadows, Peppermint Mochas, and Tagalog (#8)

     On Tuesday, I had a shadow at Bellarmine, a Catholic all-boys high school. To be honest, it was kind of fun. Not only did my guide make it interesting, but the irony was a huge facepalm which I could not get over. I visited science, history, religion, and a speech and debate elective, which was very ongoing...However, the curly fries are good. The awkward situation about the shadow tour is that other students thought I was my guide's little BROTHER...I don't blame the "sense of fashion" part, but how we look though...OH C'MON!
     Today, I missed a majority of my classes just to count delegates for the Hall of Fame spread in my yearbook elective. I told my teachers that I will be gone for 20 minutes...which ended up being 1 HOUR! I missed a huge load of studying for assessments. I also checked the ballots, with me being a very common delegate...IN 5 CATEGORIES (Funniest, Unique, Internet Sensation, Fashion Sense, and Fanboy)! Is that how people think of me; no offense.
      At Starbucks, a very kind woman ordered 4 different coffees, but was accidentally given 4 of the same coffee, Peppermint Mochas. What did she do? Coincidentally, she only took 1, and gave the other 3 to Andrew, Reagan, and I. 5 DRINKS FOR THE PRICE OF $9.10! The Peppermint Mocha could use some sugar since it is kind of bitter at first, but the smell! Ugh, I love that smell (dark chocolate and peppermint...)
     I am also learning how to speak Tagalog, which is a Filipino language. Trust me, it's not easy. I have to keep figuring out what Reagan and my parents are saying to me. I thank them for helping me, but they could at least tell me what they are saying after they are speaking Tagalog. I stayed up for one night just to write about 12 pages worth of Tagalog and English translations. Wow, that is pretty die-hard just to learn a new language.
     The rest of the day, Reagan, Andrew, Ben, Thomas, Arben, and I just play old-school hide and seek...with Hunger Games style running. It's like your P.E. teacher is watching and forcing you to run like heck. I swear, Andrew is like the freaking Flash or Quicksilver. I feel like nicknaming him "PE Shorts" now...I nearly fainted a couple of times because of him. Andrew, if you are reading this, please save up your money to pay for my medical bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment